Products by Car
Small, smaller, K 8E.2 – here comes by far the most compact enclosure subwoofer in our K series. Despite its tiny dimensions, the K 8E.2 is a real deep bass specialist that can easily compete with much larger "conspecifics" in terms of maximum sound pressure.
Best with “distance”
The cabinet feet of the K 8E.2 have a double meaning. On the one hand, they are part of the construction as a downfire subwoofer and create a defined distance to the mounting surface floor, which is then cleverly used for reflection. At the same time, thanks to their Velcro inserts, they reliably fix the subwoofer on carpets to prevent slipping, so that additional fastening isn’t necessary in many cases.
An extremely hard cone made of hand-scooped paper fibers, in connection with a heavy-duty, 50 mm double voice-coil, converts the amplifier power effortlessly and without compression effects into maximum punch, neglecting neither acoustical details nor sonic precision.
The double voice-coil design offers more flexibility when selecting an appropriate power amp. No matter if 1 x 4 Ohms, 2 x 2 Ohms or 1 x 1 Ohm – this "deep bass warrantor" makes any configuration easily possible.
Helix K8E.2 Features:
- 8“ / 200 mm high excursion woofer with hand-scooped paper cone and dual voice coil
- Downfire enclosure technology for perfect protection of the speaker and ideal bass dispersion in the vehicle
- Sturdy carpet surface with embroidered HELIX logo
- Plugable screw terminal for a quick and safe installation or removal
- Voice coil impedance configurable via connection terminal – 2 x 2 Ohms, 1 x 4 Ohms or 1 x 1 Ohm
- Compact enclosure dimensions
- Power RMS / max : 300 / 600 Watts
- Impedance: 2 x 2 Ω / 1 x 4 Ω / 1 x 1 Ω
- Max. linear excursion Xmax : +/- 8.0 mm
- Port tuning frequency Fb: 43 Hz
- Efficiency 1 W / 1 m SPL: 86 dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 184 x 310 x 285 mm
- Recommended DSP settings : Recommended "self-define" highpass filter with 44 Hz cut-off frequency and Q = 1.6;
- Additional EQ filter 115 Hz / Q = 0.9 / -3.5 dB