Products by Car
Alpine introduces the all-new PDP-E800DSP Digital DSP amplifier. This amazing all-in-one solution allows sound upgrading for virtually any vehicle with its incredible versatility and connectivity options. Featuring 6 input channels (both pre-amp and speaker level), as well as up to 8 fully configurable output channels allow for a very wide range of system applications and flexibility. Tune your sound with a professional 240-band Parametric EQ, 8 channel digital time correction, as well as a 8 channel digital crossover. For system setup, use the Alpine PC software to connect wirelessly or via USB to the PDP-E800DSP. The very intuitive and easy-to-use software allows for full control over all settings and displays all data in a very nice graphical user interface.
The free-of-charge Alpine Remote Control for PDP-E800DSP app (available for both Android and iPhone) lets you control your DSP amp on the go and includes the most important functions, such as master-volume, subwoofer level, source selection, pre-set recall and more. The PDP-E800DSP is the perfect solution especially for OEM upgrades, where the factory radio can’t be replaced by an after-market solution to get better sound. The Alpine DSP amp simply adds-on to the existing OEM system, allowing you to build any sound system around your factory system.
Any System Any Where
The PDP-E800DSP is extremely versatile and flexible – it can be added-on to virtually any factory or aftermarket car entertainment system to build the sound system you require. Connect the DSP amp to your factory system through the 6-channel speaker-level inputs with remote sensing, or alternatively, use the 6-channel pre-amp inputs (RCA). There is also an Optical input (max 24bit / 96kHz) to connect additional sources.
Build your speaker system
You can freely configure the 8 output channels to your needs. Each channel delivers 100 Watts @ 4 Ohms (but limited to 700 Watts total output) and can be configured to be used as a tweeter, midrange, centre or woofer channel. You can also use two channels in parallel for a powerful 200 Watts subwoofer channel. The PDP-E800DSP includes digital crossovers, so you do not need to worry about installing passive crossovers all over the car. With a 20Hz to 22kHz frequency response range for all channels, you can build virtually any system you can think of.
Extensive sound tuning options
With the Alpine DSP amp, you get a professional sound studio out of the box: a 240-band Parametric EQ (30-bands per channel) lets you adjust the sound in great detail. You also get 8-channel digital time correction and an 8-channel digital crossover for perfect channel setup. Free analog routing allows you for example, to summarize several channels to create a center channel.
Pure Class-D technology
The Alpine DSP amp uses Class-D amplification technology: this means once an analogue input signal is converted to digital, it remains fully digital throughout the entire processing and amplification stage. With Class-D technology, an amplifier can reach much higher efficiency - meaning less heat production and therefore a much smaller heat-sink. This results in a very small, compact housing, that can be easily placed somewhere in the vehicle (205mm x 150mm x 50mm).
Wireless system control
Download the Alpine Remote Control app for your iPhone or Android smartphone to control all key functions on the go: select input sources, adjust the systems master volume and the subwoofer level, select sound pre-sets and more - there is even a day and night mode. The app is a free download from the Google Play store or the Apple app store.
Start-Stop Engine compatible
The PDP-E800DSP will remain in full operation if your car is running on start-stop mode – meaning no unintended system shut-down when you stop at a crossroad or in a stop-and-go situation.
Wireless audio playback
If you use an Android phone, you can use the micro USB connection on the Alpine PDP-E800DSP to transfer and enjoy lossless audio files in full bandwidth. You can also connect your phone to the DSP amp using WiFi (wireless module is included with the PDP-E800DSP). We recommend to use the USB Audio Player Pro app for Android.
240-band Parametric EQ and X-Over
The Parametric EQ is very easy to use: 30 bands per channel can be simply adjusted with sliders in real-time. The display gives you visual feedback of your adjustments. You can also set the digital X-Over for all 8 channels separately (HP, LP, BP 6/12/18/24dB/30dB, type of filter Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev selectable). There is also a Phase Inversion (0,180) possible.
8-Channel Digital Time Correction
Use the graphical user interface to adjust the time delay for each speaker / channel separately. You can adjust the delay by cm, inches or ms. You can also delay whole groups of channels.
- 6 high-level inputs for OEM system integration
- 6 analog Pre-Amp inputs (RCA) for aftermarket head unit connectivity
- 1 digital TOSLINK/SPDIF input
- Up to 8 speaker outputs with high power rating
- 110dB signal-to-noise ratio (digital input)
- Channel separation > 75dB
- USB Device input for DSP setup by PC
- Wireless connection with separate module (amp setup) for PC only, or wireless audio streaming (smart phone or PC))
- Class-D amplifier with fully digital audio path
- ADCs by Burr Brown
- Remote app for iOS and Android with basic control functions (Master level, Sub level, Preset recall, source selection)
- Pre-amp output (copy from channel 8, for external sub woofer amp)
- BurrBrown A/D conversion
- Full digital audio path
- High output power capability
- Total power 700 Watt RMS at 4 Ω
- 100 Watt per channel at 4 Ω
- 120 Watt per channel at 2 Ω
- 200 Watt at 2 Ω (2 channels in parallel mode)
- Advanced diagnostics for each output channels (shortcut, overheat, clipping)
- Start-Stop Engine compatible
- Load Capability: 4 – 2 Ω
- Parallelized output supported
- Latest Analog Device chip (ADAU1452)
- Up to 8 speaker outputs with independent adjustable output level
- Independent or linkable setups for all output channels
- Delay on each channel up to 14,57ms, 0.01msec steps
- 30-band Graphic Equalizer per channel with configurable frequency, Q (from 1 up to 15) and Gain (-10dB /+10 dB)
- Digital X-Over for each channel (HP, LP, BP) 6/12/18/24dB/30dB, type of filter (Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev) selectable
- Phase Inversion (0,180)
- Master Volume (0 – 42dB)
- Sub control (0 - 15 dB)
- Possibility to save/load up to 6 presets on DSP
- Settings can be secured by certificates
- Free adjustable analog routing (example: channel mixing for center channel or 3-way input signal)
- EQ ON/OFF possible (for each channel)
- Delay grouping for easier TCR adjustment (up to 4 groups possible)
- TCR ON/OFF for each channel possible
- TCR help calculation for beginners
- Overview page for all settings
- Live monitor (for battery voltage and amp temperature)
- Turn ON by signal or wire
- Alpine RUX-KNOB2 ready (master volume or sub level)
- Additional gain on analog input (+6; +9db ). For sources with lower pre-amp level than 2 Volts